Did you know that Pilgrims Choice has recently launched a new interactive campaign encouraging the general pubic (you & me) to ask their super duper cheese experts about absolutely anything.
What would you ask a cheese expert?
How long cheese take to mature? How do you know when a cheese is ready for eating? How should you store cheese? Which Pilgrims Choice cheese should I buy and what recipe would it work especially well in?
Well there are many questions answered in these two amusing videos featured below. Some cheese related, other totally random. But the cheese experts answer them all with great authority and much humour. Take a look for yourselves…………
Why not give them a “like” on You Tube if you think the videos are fun. And they are. Really.
If you would like to enjoy more videos or join in with your cheese based queries then you can follow the #AskACheeseExpert hashtag on twitter and follow @PilgrimsChoice for updates.
Even better, I have a recipe for you from the guys at Pilgrims Choice. So, if you decide to pop some cheese into your shopping basket this week, then I would recommend you try out this Spaghetti Nero. The black spaghetti looks beautiful, dark and dramatic. The sauce is filled with flavours of the Mediterranean. Garlic, white wine, chilli and vine tomatoes. For added luxury and a taste of the sea, scatter in the recommended shrimps. Don’t forget the Pilgrims Choice mature cheddar for added punch.
Apparently the recipe was inspired by the brand new black packaging. Bold, striking and a step away from other cheese makers in terms of individuality. What do you think?
- 300 g black spaghetti
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 6 piccolo vine tomatoes
- 225 g shrimps
- 200 g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar
- Dash of white wine
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 12 fl.oz milk
- To make the sauce, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and leek and cook until soft
- Make a cheese sauce in a separate pan and mix the cornflour in the milk to form a paste then add the rest of the milk
- Heat until it boils stirring constantly, when has thickened add the Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar and stir well
- Add it to the cooked onion and leek mix stir well and add the shrimps (don't overcook)
- Add chopped tomatoes
- Season with white wine, chilli, salt and black pepper
- To cook the spaghetti fill a large pan with 2.2 litres of boiling water boil and add spaghetti, turn down and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes
- Drain and serve with the sauce.
Images and recipe courtesy of Pilgrims Choice.