I have been experimenting recently with winter smoothies. As the weather turns chilly, I don’t find myself in the mood for slurping a cool fruity drink. So, I have remedied that by creating a spiced cranberry and clementine smoothie, made using my Froothie, flavoured with cinnamon and vanilla powders. The warmth of the spices blends perfectly with the frozen and the dried cranberries along with some freshly grated ginger and the zing of juicy clementines.
This is almost like a mulled wine smoothie. I could quite happily add a measure or two of vodka or a glass of red wine to it and enjoy it as an evening cocktail. An alcoholic drink that is good for you, almost.
I received my Froothie Optimum 9400 blender for review purposes but all views expressed here are my own. If you buy a Froothie Optimum 9400 blender by clicking on my banner it will earn me a small commission via the affiliate links widget on my sidebar.
- -4 clementines peeled and chopped,
- -2 apples roughly chopped,
- -50g fresh/frozen cranberries,
- -25g dried cranberries,
- -a handful of pomegranate seeds,
- -1 small knob of ginger peeled and chopped,
- -200ml apple/orange juice,
- -1tbsp light/dark muscovado sugar (optional),
- -a pinch of vanilla powder,
- -1/8tsp ground cinnamon
- Place all of the ingredients into your Froothie or other high powered blender and turn the power on, moving gradually from the lowest to the highest speed setting and blitz for a couple of minutes until the smoothie is well blended.
- Serve immediately.