I love chocolate and I love tofu. Would you have thought about trying the two together?
This tofu choco breakfast shake is the result of my latest purchase. Silken Tofu.
I rarely find a food that I do not like. But don’t cook me parsnips. Eurggghhh. Groooossssss.
What I have realised over time is that I am not keen on certain textures. Textures are what I dislike about certain foods far more than their taste.
The texture I find particularly challenging is soft and blubbery. I love crunch, crisp and bite in my food. Exactly what silken tofu is not. I made the mistake of adding some to my latest miso soup which seemed to emphasise it’s jellyfish-like slipperiness. It just flopped into the soup and tasted mildly cheesy and proved my point that sloppy textures are hard for me to digest.
But I will not be defeated by it. I am on the look out for a very tasty silken tofu recipe. If you have one up your sleeve please send it my way.
In the meantime, not wishing to waste the remaining tofu, I decided to whip it up into this absolutely knockout breakfast shake using my Froothie. This chocolate shake won’t pile on the calories either as it contains raw cacao powder, honey, raisins, bircher muesli, frozen banana and milk as well as silken tofu.
This is a shake that will curb any chocolate cravings and you can believe me as I am a serial chocolate muncher. Why not give it a try and tell me what you think?
I received my Froothie Optimum 9400 blender for review purposes but all views expressed here are my own. If you buy a Froothie Optimum 9400 blender by clicking on my banner it will earn me a small commission via the affiliate links widget on my sidebar.
- -250ml milk. This can be any type of milk according to your dietary requirements. Oat, soya, almond, coconut or rice milk as well as regular milk,
- -100g silken tofu,
- -1 frozen banana chopped,
- -15g raisins/sultanas,
- -50 bircher muesli/oats (I used Rude Health Instant Bircher Muesli mix),
- -1tbsp honey,
- -2tbsp raw cacao powder,
- -Ice cubes (2 or 3).
- 1. Place all of the ingredients into your Froothie or other high powered blender and blitz until all the ingredients are combined thoroughly,
- 2. Pour into a large glass and enjoy!
- This is a flexible recipe. You can tailor the proportions of the ingredients to suit your taste.